I apologize for not posting last week. Life got in the way of this virtual space I promised to invade on a regular basis. There was a lot of turmoil last week as I put to rest a relationship that has given me considerable heartache. Things started off well enough but sometimes, over time, you begin to recognize a relationship for what it really is; a series of overlapping mistakes. Maybe I just didn’t invest enough time in the relationship and that’s clearly where I’m at fault. On the other hand, if there’s no passion, no real interest, no common ground, how would you expect things to continue. That’s why I had to dump my gym.
From now on I’m working out at home. Here are a few reasons why:
- We’ve never been good at going to the gym, even when we had few excuses.
- Trying to pack up an 8 month old to go to the gym during peak business hours is…well…ludicrous.
- Working out at the gym seems to always end up taking 2 hours. I have a workout that I regularly did at home at one point; it took 30 minutes and I was spent.
- Gym memberships
- Drive time
- Changing in the gym next to ten other naked guys who rarely work out.
- Pooping in public
- Shower cooties
- Yet another reason I have to go outside in the winter.
If you don’t find that convincing, it’s probably because I’m too tired to come up with a proper list. Good day.