Let me start by congratulating myself. That’s right. Auto-congratulations are in order due to making it to the gym a whole one time since the beginning of 2014.
Your body is a temple and there is nothing wrong with a little temple maintenance.
Let me start once again by congratulating myself. That’s right. A self high five is in order because I basically ate this entire pie myself.
Your body is a temple it’s important to refurbish it occasionally with essential building blocks… like pudding.
Actually, I think that pie was like a week and a half old and it spent most of that time sitting on my kitchen table even though it was clearly marked “Refrigerate.” I’m kind of amazed that it didn’t kill me. Meh.
All the stuff we do at the gym bores me. It all seems the same to me. Also, and this really doesn’t help one God damn bit, I have a seriously increased appetite for days after I lift. So, I fight my way through a visit to the gym only to go home ravenous and then eat like an idiot for the next two days. Today for example:
- Breakfast – A couple scoops of cottage cheese…you could do a lot worse really
- Snacks – Well there was a bunch of stupid shit in our break room, so cheese, sausage, cookies, pickles
- Lunch – I had packed lunch but…damn I just wanted to get out of the building for lunch. Chinese buffet, here I come! There were vegetables in that egg roll, right?
- Dinner #1 – You remember that lunch I packed? Well it died an honorable death as soon as I got home from work.
- Dinner #2 – When your wife calls and asks if she should pick up something for dinner do you say, “no honey, I ate some leftovers I was trying to clean out of the fridge and now I have no room for delicious whatevers” or do you say “Oh hell yeah!”
Since it’s important to get some activity after a big meal you make sure you set yourself up for success.
Of course if you have an infant then you know that a two hour long movie only takes about five hours to watch. Then you still have to post your blog. So while you could have gotten about six hours of straight physical exertion in, you basically ate, drank and leisured your way through that same period of time. Oh well, at least Tom Cruise looked like he was getting some exercise.